As the global leader in technology and machinery innovation, Japan is the 2nd largest economy in the world by GDP (nominal). There is no doubt that in such a vibrant economy, some of the biggest banks, business groups and financial services are found in Japan.
These companies together with major industries such as automobile, banking & insurance, retail, real estate & construction, and telecommunications have generated ample Japan jobs to support their growth. And to help you locate them, we have reviewed and listed the best Japan job search sites below.
Top Japan Job Search Sites
- Gaijinpot Japan Jobs, is touted as the number 1 site for foreigners in Japan, and its Japan Jobs section consists a good mix of useful job seeking features – search Jobs, Post Resume, Application History, Spotlight Companies and JobMail.
- Jobstreet Japan – Established in 1995, they are now one of the core players in Asia online recruitment market providing Japan job search services. Successful applicants will receive free intensive Japanese language training before being located to a relevant company in Japan.
- Monster Japan Job Search and Jobs.com Japan – While monster job site do not have a presence in Japan, these links will bring you to many pages worth of Japan jobs from monster.com and jobs.com with new postings daily.
- DaiJob.com. DaiJob offers bilingual recruitment services dedicated to foreign affiliated companies, IT and executive positions in Japan. Apart from providing a rich database of jobs in Japan that can be search by either Job Type, Keyword or Employer Type, there are also weekly featured companies, hot jobs and career support to help you land that Japan job.
- Job Seek Japan is a complete Japan employment site featuring IT, Teaching and Entertainment jobs together with a viewable employer list in Japan. Using the Japan job search option, jobs can be found by Position, Job Description or Location, and it be further sorted by Date, Location and Position sought. Registered users can submit/edit their resume or edit their Japan job seeker profile.
- CareerCross allows bilingual (Japanese and English) job seekers to find a job opening in Japan quickly by running through their Company List, Direct Hires, Recruiters, Temp Staff, Outsourcing and Hot Companies sections. And don’t forget to checkout their useful resume and interview guides that may be crucial in your Japan job search.
- Ecentral brings you a myriad of International jobs in Japan. Its unique segregation of jobs by English level and Japanese level (from none to native level) as well as direct or recruiter hire is extremely useful for a Japan job seeker. In addition. Ecentral is also packed with the essential features of resume posting, job mail subscription and Japan job search.
Top Japan Teaching & IT Job Sites
- Japan Times Jobs. It is a bilingual Jobsite – Japanese/English in Japan that carries key categories and job title in English and job description in Japanese. Jobs open to foreigners will be featured with “Japanese expatriates welcome” text.
- Japan English Teacher – It is a Japan’s English teaching job site where you can locate Full Time, Part Time, Contract and Temporary English teaching jobs in Japan which include the salary that you will be paid as well as the prefecture (location) that they are in.
- Jobs in Japan – It is a classified ad site whose main focus is on jobs in Japan. The job ads are posted into 5 main listings namely EFL, ESL & Teaching Jobs, Teaching Jobs, IT & Technology Jobs, General Employment Jobs, Bilingual Jobs and Modeling/Acting/Entertainment Japan jobs.
- Hot Jobs Japan is a staffing agency in Japan that helps to recruit foreign job seekers for Japanese companies. It specialises in job placement for education (language teachers), translators and IT workers. You can conduct Japan job search in these areas of placement, and register for free if you wish to apply for them.
- ELT News – Jobs – It’s job classifieds covers English language teaching (ELT) and related jobs in Japan which are updated every other weekday and they are displayed by School Name, Location and Type. If the job description and pay benefits fit your criteria, you can apply directly via the e-mail address found on the ad.