In Asia, albeit rapid modernisation has given rise to many new job opportunities, the reward of a working in a relative safe, culturally rich and growing Asia economy is attracting a massive influx of overseas, intra-Asia and local job applicants competing for a single Asia job vacancy.
To make sure that your resume/CV stands out among the stack of applications, a well-crafted cover letter with the Asia employer in mind is not only essential but also the most crucial step in landing yourself an Asian job. So what should you look out for in drafting a cover letter that actually works in Asia?
Cover Letters in Asia should include:
- Full Name
- Residential/Postal Address
- Contact Number (Land line and/or Mobile Phone)
- Email Address
- Date (Day/Month/Year Format)
- Addressee (e.g. The Human Resource Manager)
- Company Address
- Opening Salutation (e.g. Dear Sir/Madam)
- Reference Section (e.g. RE: Job Opportunity at Asia Company)
- Introduction – mention position desired, and information that will capture the employer’s attention
- Body – elaborate and support the attention grabbing information in your introduction with achievements, skill sets, qualifications or previous experience
- Closing – Indicate you will appreciate an interview to discuss on how you can contribute to the company and you look forward to the employer’s reply
- Ending Salutation and Signature line (e.g. Yours Truly, Full Name)
Cover Letter that Works in Asia
Observing the pointers mentioned above shall ensure that your resume/CV lands on the desk of the Asia Employer instead of the paper basket. Next you will still need to “SHINE” among the stack of resumes that got through and from our experience, we are talking about 100s! So crafting a brilliant cover letter will be the ultimate differentiating point.
We used to spend hours surfing the Internet for templates and guides, and attempt to customise them into our cover letters for the Asia employer. Worn out by family commitment and current work responsibilities, it usually took weeks to churn out just a mediocre cover letter and many opportunities were lost.
This was resolved by amazing cover letter creator, a cover letter creator that you can use for your entire career life. It generates a brilliantly worded and well-crafted cover letter in just 3½ minutes which tripled our job interview requests in Asia!